View Single Post

Old 11-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
A little more visible progress this time

The superstructure is simple enough, although I had to add a couple of internal corner gussets to offset more warpage. That's a recurrent theme with this so far. I'm attributing it mostly to the size of the pieces.

I built the skin for the superstructure to help locate the formers (back to the missed slots from step one <g>). the fit is tight enough to make that possible which is a really good thing. There does apear to be a miscue with the front facets. Probably my doing.

To attach the deck, and skins to the superstructure I'm using UHU office pen glue. The only time i use it is when I have to align and laminate something in place. The greater open time allows more wiggle room than PVA, and I've had bad medium to long-term results with gluesticks.
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-006.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-007.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-008.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-009.jpg