View Single Post

Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Thank you all for your kind words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birder View Post
Looks good Gerardo, which is your favorite Me 109 you've built would you say?
Well, that's hard... not easy at all. I guess I liked them all... they have this magic knowing that many were outstanding pilots in a country where politics was wrongly gone. I really enjoy building them all. Just as the same as the Mustangs. I just wish to see one of these 109's live, like the Mustangs in the Air Shows (and a FW-190 that I learned is stored in a museum in San Antonio... my next stop).

Duster, all your comments are so very welcome. As you say, this little hobby of ours expands with the knowledge we gain from books and people like you. Thank you!

And regarding what you said about whose plane was this particular one, I also found a very close similarities with Gerhardt Schöpfel (an easy name to remember, as is my namesake) but Gerhardt's wasn't yellow nose... or at least that's what I found on Histoire & Collections book "Messerschmitt Me109 Volume I From 1936 to 1942", and which shows in page 61 Schöpfel's plane, all the same as this model, but without the yellow nose. So, I went on, and found that is 90% similar ot the one shown in this web site:

Adlerhorst-Hangar

Oh, and instead of the swastika, it shows the gray diamond Duster mentioned.

Oh, and Halinski has the Adolf Galland 109 in their 1999 edition (1/99), Messerschmitt Bf-109E-4 / N, machine W.Nr. 5819, flown by Adolf Galland, commander of JG-26, August 1940.

But regardless, I really liked this model.