View Single Post

Old 03-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Areonca Champion 85

Ahoy
Catching up with other projects i,ll get back to my Luline in a week or so. Here is Areonca Champion flying model I built this from Guillow plans made from cardstock and tissue The stringers are from cardstock soaked with super glue or Acc how ever how you pronounce it, The glue stiffened the longerons stringers like wood. the wing ribs and fuselage was treated the same way. When the structures were dry I used Areo gloss dope to prepare the surfaces for covering. useing Sigs lightest tissue I covered the framework useing diluted Tacky glue with alcahol and water. The tissue was colored useing an airbrush the paint i used was Polly S water based paint and the end touch was magic in a can Krylon clear. I got back from the park and flew it I went up to the clouds about a 100 ft or so perhaps higher flew 4 circles useing trim of a touch of right rudder for torque and right glide and 2 percent down thrust. when letting her go she will fly to the left but with right rudder it acts like a torque keeping her nose up. Sp fellas any of you have any of these old Sterling or Guillow plans save them they make great card model subjects. Here is my type 85 Areonca.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Areonca Champion 85-pict0001.jpg   Areonca Champion 85-pict0002.jpg   Areonca Champion 85-pict0003.jpg