View Single Post

Old 03-11-2012, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
New Project: Starship: Corridors

I have finished the design on a new project: Modular Starship Corridors. This is the first part of a larger set, which will eventually include basic rooms, level changes as well as context specific room sections such as a bridge, shuttle bay, etc. I also intend to design static elements for the rooms, although I want to focus on the architecture first.

This is probably the fastest I've gone from concept to completed and textured design. I initially conceived this a little more than a week ago. While I have yet to do the .pdo layouts (and indeed, build a prototype), I am essentially done the 'hard' part, the design.

The intent of this set is to provide a modularized set of three-dimensional corridors for use in miniature gaming. While the design is set to 1:50 scale (each of the shown squares is 1 meter to scale (2 cm printed), the corridors are designed to accommodate most 35 mm gaming figurines. I have tried to keep all of the individual elements simple, for ease of building, while yet retaining a non-boxy look and feel to the layout.

I hope to have this ready and up for sale within the week. As an experiment, I will be offering this for less than all of my other kits, at $2 CDN.

Some close-ups:

Wide Corridor Door: Closed

Wide Corridor Door: Open

Narrow Corridor Elements.

Wide Corridor Elements

Enjoy!
Sean