View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for sharing your beautiful models. Instant Durable makes excellent kits. I have made 11 of them and have 4 more to go plus a stack of the postcard models. My next model will be Carcassonne which we will visit on our next cathedral quest this year. I knew it was large, havimg seen a photo of Mike Stamper's, but holding it up the way you did in the photo really illustrates the size. Where will I put that one

We also share models of Chartres, Cluny and Beaune. all which I have made. I finished Beaune today and will put in on papermodelers tomorrow. We will visit other model kits that I will soon build - Paray, Le Puy, Fontenay.

To PAPER HOLLYWOOD - You have the right idea. I always try to build the model before I see it in person. After spending so many hours with each small detail, you just can't wait to see it in person. Of course if you don't have time to build all of them before a trip, you can study the kits and take plenty of photos of the "real thing" so you can remember the building when you make the kit later. For our last Cathedral Quest to Central Europe I had 18 kits of buildings that we visited. I only finished 9 of the models before the trip. I still have nine to go, but I remember well what each looked like.

Hey TLUN , if 50 is twice year ago, then I am 3 times your age....that sure makes me feel OLD.