View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
RAM, I agree with all of your points. I have an idea that might "throw a wrench" into exorbitant prices AND pirates.

I am wondering if we, the members of PM, could set up a "committee" of sorts who finds these ridiculous prices and pirates trying to sell other peoples' work and "sells" the same thing on Ebay.

An example might look like this:

DC-3 by Alan Rose, By it Now Price: .50

Yes, that 's .50 cents for an authorized, full-size, digitally restored version of the famous Alan Rose DC-3 model.

In fact, why pay anything at all? Certainly, the $175 the other guy is asking is ridiculous! Go to papermodelers.com, register, become a member (no fees) of one of the largest paper modeling groups on the internet, introduce yourself, and get involved by posting on a few threads that interest you. You will soon be qualified to download the file absolutely free!.

If you can't wait, choose the By it Now option, and I'll send the fully digitized file to you.

The .50 cents covers the listing and value added fees. We could do the same with other kits that are being pirated.

Good idea, guys? I'd love to join in the fun. I already have an Ebay seller's account. I'm ready to start nailing some of these internet pirates and thieves! It's a waste of time complaining to Ebay. Hit'em in the pocket book; that's were you can have some effect!