View Single Post

Old 03-19-2012, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
As I can understand the background of your proposal, I don't think it either solves the problem nor is it the (in my eyes) "right" strategy.

To be successful, I'd expect that more people buy your copy than that of the pirate. From my personal point of view, I get sceptical about both offers if there is such a huge price gap between both of them, on a product that is listed for over 100$ otherwise, I wouldn't expect a .50$ version to fulfill my wishes. I'm not rich and surely don't want to spend more money than neccessary, it's just experience that such an offer is too good to be true.

The other, and in my eyes more important aspect, is that even if you reach some people with your plan, the pirate just looses money but nothing more. He'll scan another item of which you surely won't get the licence to scan and share it and proceeds.

I'm almost sure that the pirates won't loose this or any similar battle because it's too hard to put them ALL in chains. We just can try to do the moral correctly, what is in my eyes, to report them to the copyright holders.

Best regards,
Thorsten