View Single Post

Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Just to clarify, 1-reworking the geometry, 2-retexturing the new parts 3- redrawing almost all of the construction diagrams, 4- rewriting the relevant parts of the instructions, 5-adding them to the beta build, etc. Will take six months for ME to complete.

For those who don't know, that's ME on the left of the photo. I work my design efforts into my flight schedule as a United Express captain, at work an average 80-90 hours a week, often with only four days off a month, and just as many days at home. Minute by minute I earn about a thousand times as much flying as I do developing paper models, though, truth be told, I love paper models and do it for my customers, who I love. Between extreme responsibility in the real flying world, line checks, check rides, medicals, mechanical issues, passengers, unions, irreverent gate agents, fed inspectors, and a million other logistical nightmares I deal with every day, I do my best to squeeze in some design time, which is surprisingly mentally back breaking work ( designers chime in here ). I woke up at three am in Montreal this morning to read this nice little well aimed slap in the face. I actually encourage and want as much feedback as possible, but I'm also honest about EXACTLY where the designs are, and what the release prospects are, and what issues the designs face. After putting in as much work into a complex project like this, it's pretty discouraging that people have the temerity to tell ME to be "real" and that my honest comments are "ridiculous". Zathros, I do believe you were trying to help, and I'm glad for your's and everyone's interest, and I forgive you for for your comments. Just spend a week in MY life and then try saying that to my face.

Last edited by 3Turner; 04-03-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: removed off topic quote