View Single Post

Old 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
The World of Virtual Flying

I have two PC’s. One is an XP which is my general computer for searching the internet and downloading. My other PC is my gaming PC.
XPS 8999,Intel Core i7-960, 12 GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 5870 with Windows 7, which will handle anything thing I have or want.
I can run IL-2 on the XP but it runs a lot better on the Windows 7. You can look any program you want and find it system requirements. The A2A Forums would be a better place to ask then myself.
A2A Forum
The A2A Simulations Community • Index page
or
A2A
A2A Simulations
or
A2A Simulations

IL-2 is a flight sim which starts just before WWII and runs all the way through the war in Europe, the Pacifica, Cold War period and into Viet Nam with no end in sight. There are various groups who bold aircraft, maps, ships and etc. just as you guys make card models.
FSX is a non combat flight sim where you can fly from almost any airport in the world. Set the weather and the same about aircraft. Pick from a long list of planes. Before you buy anything I would search through Youtubes and ask all the question you can. I don’t want to point you in any directions and later have you come back and say it was a waste of money. My escapement I spent hours in ArmAII/ Operation Arrowhead when I’m not doing card modeling and then at night I have IL-2 with my friends. To each his own.
Equipment. I use a Seitex X 52 for my joystick with it’s throttle. I also use a headset with a microphone. I use foot peddles on my gaming PC. You can get by with a simple joystick to start with and if you do go on line then pick up the headset. Some guys really go over board of this stuff.
I found a video of the military version of the Piper Cub with I can fly right now.

IL2 1946 HSFX 5 Stinson Sentinel L5 free flight
IL2 1946 HSFX 5 Stinson Sentinel L5 free flight - YouTube
This will explain more on the A2A system.
Accu-Feel: Core FSX Enhancement
Accu-Feel: Core FSX Enhancement - YouTube

I hope that helps. Let me know. wc