View Single Post

Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
My unexpected Easter Blessing

Well, we have unexpected company for Easter and the next couple of days. Strangers to me. People who are in need.

This young couple, one being 20 and the other a couple years older, lost their home last Friday and Saturday night the young woman was in the hospital with a miscarriage. She also has type 1 diabetes. After leaving the hospital this morning, they were dropped off by a friend at our church for Sunrise Service. Sad, broken, and with no family to turn to, the young man approached our pastor for help.

Our church is great and our pastor can help the kids, but not by tonight, or even tomorrow. He can get them a more permanent place to stay and regroup in three days to a week, but what to do with them now. Enter, my wife.

Tera called and asked my thoughts, and you know I was not about to leave two kids out in the cold if we could help it. So, for the next week Tera and I are in the living room, and we gave our bedroom with it's privet bathroom to them to use. The church opened it's food pantry for us to make our tight food budget stretch for two more mouths. Now, our church and Pastor just need to come through on that new place!

So, this is our chance to be a blessing to others, as so many have been a blessing to me and my family. It makes my Easter even more special.

Corey