View Single Post

Old 04-13-2012, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Advice wanted: how to do riggings on very small ships

Hello,
I am trying to build a replacement bretonnian corsair for the out of print man o' war game. Attached is a picture of where I am in the design.
In the picture the ship to the right is the original playing piece, I need more of them.
The one in the middle is my second attempt and the first one to look presentable.
The one in the left is my latest build (3rd modifications, I have a 4th designed waiting to be built).
I have attached the template for the 2nd and 3rd prototype. The intent of the changes between the 2 is to make the ship easier to assemble as the look of the hull was good. I also improved a bit the painting by using gradients.
The 4th is mostly like the 3rd except that it is in one piece only instead of 3.

Here is my question. I have started as you can see on the left most ship to add some cordage to the ship's front mast. I plan to do it to the rear too but I am wondering what should be the best method. Currently I am tying the thread to the mast and gluing it. Then gluing to the side of the hull. I fear that it will not be strong enough to withstand playing with.
I have thought of 3 other methods:
1) tie the bottom of the thread to a separate piece of card or wood and glue it to the inside of the side of the hull
2) pierce the side of the hull and thread the thread through it (like sawing) and not
3) similar to 2 but pierce bellow the deck and go all the way through the hull and back the other side

Thanks for any other advices you may have as I am new to paper modeling
best regards
Terrinecold
Attached Thumbnails
Advice wanted: how to do riggings on very small ships-img_0367.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf corsair3.pdf (80.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by terrinecold; 04-13-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: making the topic of the thread clearer