View Single Post

Old 04-14-2012, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
What a delight to have Péricles, Don Prime, Mike Mash, Mike Bauer, Jim G, and Wilfried visiting my thread as I stumble through this build.

Wilfried - I loved your characterization of the rough-and-ready Army Beaver and Otter as the Strauss Jeans of aircraft.

Jim - I will let you know about the Builder Challenges. As far as I am concerned, there are NO "design flaws."

Earlier today I had the very great pleasure of meeting RockPaperScissors in person as he and I met with Rick Steffers, Kevin Stephens, and Karl Warner at the Army Heritage and Education Center to plan for the annual Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event (which I will be announcing tomorrow in the forum, with some photos of today's gathering).

Kevin brought his Otter model and I looked it over very closely for clues on how to build this one. RPS Don brought some of his superb military miniatures and three 1/72 models (Sea Fury in Korean War Fleet Air Arm markings and folding wings, the SAI-403 Dardo, and the Russo-Balt armored car). His models are even more impressive in person than they are in the photographs. Karl also gave us a tour of the History Trail, where we saw some of the new additions, including a Korean War-era 8-inch howitzer and an M-42 Twin-40mm Duster (you were right, of course, Karl, it IS built on an M-41 Walker Bulldog chassis). I will say more about the visit in a separate thread.

I am eager to get back to work on my third try at the Otter and hope to do so later this evening. Just now I am in the office, working (and just had a PM exchange with Mike Bauer on sources on the Battle of Midway).

More later,

Don