View Single Post

Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Well after an entire day of painting sanding, strengthening and sealing with ca glue when sanded too much, repeated, ect, and repeated, the hull is coming closer. I used card backing board, "chip board" from the back of a paper pad to glue between the formers, leaving enough to sand slightly back to formers. Glued in place with elmers, after drying overnight putty and paint, but found with sanding that the putty would be entirely removed and the junction between the former would begin to show some slight separation. I think this was because slight twist could still be induced in hull even after all glued up, so sealed the chip board former juntions with ca glue, and repeated the process although not any more putty applied yet. Surprising amount of elbow grease for a cardmodel and likely disagreeable to some, however, my hope is to have a perfectly smooth hull for planking and some type of coppering below waterline.
Attached Thumbnails
Ann Mckim 1/96 scratch-img_1342.jpg   Ann Mckim 1/96 scratch-img_1341.jpg   Ann Mckim 1/96 scratch-img_1340.jpg