View Single Post

Old 04-22-2012, 11:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper Model Contest Entries

You pose a question that's presently under discussion. In accordance with a change in IPMS eligibility rules, the Long Island Scale model society is now permitted to consider entries built from ANY media, which certainly includes paper models. Since this change is new, both at the national and local club level, we had not yet broken out a separate awards category or established judging rules for paper models.

The matter is currently under discussion at the officers, and we MAY be able to create something for this show, but I cannot definitively state at this time what award or awards might or would be available, or how they might be distinguished from more conventional entries.

I would still encourage those interested and coming to bring their creations, if only for display purposes, if just so that our membership, the public and any press in residence can gain some exposure to the craft for future event consideration, and get some input from you in the process. We won't charge a contest entry if valid eligibility for an award can't be clearly established.

Sorry I am unable to provide more information at this point. I will post any updates that may become available before the show here.