View Single Post

Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 481.4 KB
Jedi ETA-2 by Paper-Replika 1/18

The mission: Scale Paper-Replika's Jedi ETA-2 up 157% and build with interior by Tomasz Bąk
also available on Paper-Replika.com. Construct with opening clear canopy, and possibly hinged
wing flaps. Create a recessed port for R2D2. Make sturdy enough to be played with by a 4 year old.

Finish by said (almost) 4 year old's 4th birthday on May 14th.

I had originally planned to scale up the Republic Attack Gunship, but seeing that it would
be between 3 and 4 feet in length when properly scaled up, I realized that I had nowhere near
enough time. So that will have to be longer term, maybe Christmas.

So I scaled the templates up, and had to rearrange them and modify pieces to fit on the
8.5x11" stock that I have. I'll be using 65# card stock with 1mm matte board or 3mm Sintra
(a PVC foam board) depending on how much reinforcement is needed in each given area.

First set of pics ... nothing much, just the resized, reorganized and crammed together pieces.

The complete enlarged model on top, and the almost stock printout on bottom
(Ok, printed at 94% to fit 8.5x11). And yes, I will be building both scales, one for him,and one for me.

The main body/cockpit base. This really shows the difference in scale.

More scale pics, showing the cockpit compartment.

Poor R2 . . . . looks like he blew a circuit!

Progress time!

Cockpit/hull base cut out and edged painted with 10x0 brush. These watercolors represent
the best $3 spent on paper modeling

The Sintra base. Not as clean as I had hoped . . . plus a bit of skin left behind courtesy of Mr. CA Glue.

The two together.

Grrrrrr ......

Well, not as clean as I had hoped. Some issues with the Sintra base, but not too objectionable,
at least not so that a 4 year old would get upset about it.

Apparently R2 is -VERY- protective about Anakin's ETA-2.

That's it for now, hopefully I'll get some decent progress tomorrow.

vbsargent