Thread: Little Boy
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Only a little progress today: the lifting hook and nut on the muzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Nando, I hope you didn't take my point as critique nor critisism.
Tappi
Tappi, do not worry I also have many problems to express myself in English language and online translators do not help much.
I just wanted to say that my skill does not allow me to do great things even if I try to get better with practice. It seemed to me a challenge beyond my ability reproduce the antennas with cigarette paper. Sometimes seeing so many examples of great ability and skill by many members of this group is exciting, but other times I'm feeling inadequate.
Then I take courage and return to enjoy myself, as I can, with paper scissors and glue.

About masters, congratulations for your kayak that has rightly earned the POW! BRAVO! The model is particularly well executed, but the setting and the composition of the presentation make it an example of how a few simple details can create a sense of presence: seems real and in his ambient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I love a thread that prompts me to dig further. ...
Cdavenport, practicing the modelism is for me a therapy and a process of knowledge.
A therapy because the need to calm myself and to concentrate on the manual activity, it gives me a chance to overcome the daily worries.
A knowledge in two ways: first making a model, the hands understand phisically the nature of the object,
and second every particular, that you reproduce, triggers the curiosity how does it works and how is it made. So i start to look for information on internet, on books, on forum ... and at every step the curiosity increases with the will to increase the level of reproduction.

I apologize for my english and I hope you understand my mind.

Best, Nando
Fat Man & Little Boy available here