View Single Post

Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Petal Design Vs. New method

I was waiting on some reference material to arrive for a design I was working on when I decided to take a break and revisit an old enemy of mine. The GPM 155 Phantom F4E . This is one of those models that make you cringe at the sight of it. Well I built the center fuel tank and hated how it looked. What follows is a record of how I defeated what would have ruined my model. The good news is it took about 45 minutes and was pretty straight forward. Just like printing, you can always fix a mistake by just painting again on the part.

I don't think you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to paint. Just use a primary pallet of colors and mix them in the tray as you go. Then you will know when the color is right. I used green, added in blue, then added in yellow. Black was added to get the right shade. Then I let that dry. I then did a top coat of grey, same base coat with white and black added to make lighter. This is the final coat that was rolled onto the sponge to acheive the texture of the printed part.

When the model is all done the small difference will never be noticed.