View Single Post

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 624.43 MB
Ray Keim's Liberty Square Haunted Mansion

I have to say, I am really enjoying building paper models and I can’t seem to get enough information and inspiration from papermodelers.com, I have to check it a couple of times a day! But I got started when I stumbled upon Ray Keim’s “Haunted Dimensions” site. This was a goldmine for a Disney fan, it didn’t take long for me to get hooked! I wanted to build an interesting “O” gauge model layout and his models would be excellent for what I envisioned.

I am submitting a narrative and a few photos of what I built. I started a model or two, made lots of mistakes from too light a paper and wrong glue, to wrong printer settings, I think I made every mistake possible at least three times. Generally, as I learned, things got better and much more enjoyable. One of the things I did was to resize this model so it would fit in my planned layout better. I don’t have a lot of real-estate to fill and I was trying to lessen the storage problem. Speaking of storage, since we downsized, my layout spends its dormant time hanging sideways on the garage wall. My better scenery needs to be removable and/or not too tall. I have been mounting my builds on foam board so I can dress them up but still keep them mobile.

I can’t thank Ray Keim and this web site enough. I got inspired, informed and started in a great hobby! So, through no fault of anyone but myself, here is my resulting build of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion.
Attached Thumbnails
Ray Keim's Liberty Square Haunted Mansion-dsc02169.jpg   Ray Keim's Liberty Square Haunted Mansion-p4020313.jpg