View Single Post

Old 05-08-2012, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
You're all very welcome! :D

For the turbo hood, I did it that way because I don't really like the look of a seam that goes only partway through, but that's just my preference. If most people find it easier to put together a different way I can certainly change it.

The split in the hood would be easy to move. Also, I textured the tread all at once; that must be why it changes direction. Mapping one half and then mirroring the other should correct it. I'll out those on my list

Since you asked nicely... Sure, I can post the 3D model. The first ZIP file includes the mesh exported in 3DS format with the red/silver texture images. The second one has additional texture images for the other colors. The red texture images should come up automatically when the model is imported. To use a different color, one way would be to rename the texture images you want to use so that the names match those included with the model and are in the same directory (on mine I have to do this before importing it).

One thing I should point out is that the texture images are not all continuous on the model. This is because I textured the stripes, emblems, etc and for the rest just set it to the body color instead of actually mapping it. I'm planning to make a different texture map for the custom paint colors so that they can have graphics going all the way down the side.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Firebird-BetaRed.zip (255.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: zip Firebird-BetaTextures.zip (711.8 KB, 45 views)