View Single Post

Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Fuselage

Starting of course with the fuselage. This kit has no detailed cockpit and an opaque canopy, and I'm leaving it as such. The kit uses the abutting bulkhead fuselage assembly method, and I'm all for it. Marek's kits are very precicely done in this manner.

So far, cutting and gluing have been absolutely no different from normal card. Using Aleene's Tacky glue has held nicely on all parts. This particular card is plain on the backing, but all the formers are metallic to metallic facing and are holding great. All that's left is to see how it scores and holds a fold. Everything here has been rounded, and it has been a pleasure. I can highly recommend this stuff. (And I also have a lead on a cheaper and more plentiful pack of something similar - win-win).

Nearly forgot to include weight in the nose as this is a tricycle gear jet with a long tail, but was able to cut into the bulkhead and make a large enough hole to glue in a 1/4-20 nut. Should do the job. That's all for tonight, more tomorrow.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds