View Single Post

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Ok next installment. Got to score and fold some parts, and they did beautifully. I can fully endorse this paper. I've seen no issues with it at all - it works perfectly.

So I realized that I made a mistake on the tail end of the fuselage. I thought that the pieces on the vert stabilizer wrapped around to make the tailcone and that the last small piece was to be inverted inside the tailcone. Wrong. That part was the tailcone, the small pieces on either side of the stabilizer only wrap part way around, and the internal piece that was too big to make it to the end was intended to be cut to size. Well some surgery and I think the recovery came together nicely.

Since I had trimmed it to fit inside, it didn't reach all the way around as it should. I inverted the piece so the gap was at the top, where it would be covered by the vert stabilizer.

Then the wings - cut, scored, molded (including integrated fairings), and assembled. Worked quite nicely.

Canopy:

And finally (for tonight) tailfeathers and cannon:

The photos aren't quite capturing the sheen of the model, its a little subtle, but a nice effect. It works on everything - the bare and painted metallic surfaces and the canopy glass. I'm really digging it.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds