Thread: Upcoming models
View Single Post

Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
With some of these Luft 46 planes, I'm half tempted to make a few minor tweaks and start up a fantasy spaceship and starfighter line.
Honestly Aaron my friend, I don't see any reason not to do so.

For example, the Lippisch P12 has already been used in a "kiddie-spy" movie, flown from an apartment rooftop to the evil guy's island. And unfortunately painted a shade that more often than not looked looked like the same pink one would see on a cat's nose.

I've seen the BV 212 dressed up as a spaceship in a SciFi comic, though naturally, as with the P12, it was unattributed. If such blatant design ripoffs can be done without censure there seems no reason at all that models from the same era that have a few tweaks and unique twists in their design could not be used in a SciFi model collection.

Further, I'd think several members on forum here would be interested in collecting the models you designed in that genre. I know I would be.

And Aaron, if it suited you, or if you needed it done; I'd be willing to write introductory "Background" paragraphs to accompany each model. Say a paragraph between 100 and 200 words, detailing the craft and/or operational history. The kind of intro that would encourage buyers to write fan fiction to go with the model. I'd do it for free, leaving final publishing approval to you.

Kind and Respectful Regards Aaron my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.