Thread: 1955 Chevrolet
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
The trouble with 70's and 80's cars was that those decades were ruled by the miserly and emotionless accountants, and so: styling blandness and marketting lies became the order of the day, coupled with "facelift" grills and lights, such that any given year's "new model" was basically last year's old crap in "new" cosmetics. Which made 90% of the cars of that era completely boring, when added to the fact that they simply lacked any true style, again primarily due to the company Accounting Dept misers killing-off all and any truly new styling innovations.

What makes your models so enjoyable Cami, is that you capture completely the "verve" and stylishness of the vehicles of your chosen era in such a way as to make each car instantly recognisable as representing the real vehicle, yet while it does so, it also instantly invokes the style and beauty each vehicle had. None of those things are particularly easy to achieve; yet, you achieve those things in fine and handsome manner, resulting in models not only pleasing to look upon, but pleasing to the builder whose hands craft your kits into the finished model. All of which achievement makes you an extremely talented designer, Cami, and an extremely worthwhile designer whose models the builder will keenly seek to collect.

Kind and Respectful Regards Cami, Uyraell.
Wow, what a great compliment Uyraell! My only regret is that I can not make more of them. There are so many interesting subjects and weeks are so short! I will be a very old lady if I ever release all the interesting cars from the 1930-1970 period LOL!

Cami