View Single Post

Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Rickstef, Thank you my friend for the amended info, I was going by an admittedly patchy recall.

As for the GI Joe and related and later toys along similar lines, using "Political Correctness"* the feminazis in NZ pretty much succeeded in having them all banned as being "too warlike, contributing to the culture of male disrespect of persons" etc. etc. and for most of the 80's and 90's such toys effectively ceased to exist in NZ, until a silent return in time for Christmas of 1999 as I seem to recall.
While they were available, they were certainly large and expensive toys, $65 to $95 not being unusual or rare to encounter as prices.

(* Although, oddly, that same Political Correctness was very much NOT applied when in the 2002/2003 season such wonderful "toys" for girls as "Bratz" and so-on contributed equally heavily to "disrespect of persons" etc etc.)

I feel modern "fan art" cardmodel repros of those toys would find a welcoming audience/fanbase/customer base. I am certainly enjoying seeing this model evolve.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.