View Single Post

Old 06-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach

Hello everyone,
It has been some time since I have shown my last work in progress (Bradley).
Past few months I spent on building a Leopard 2 and since my approach is not very orthodox (not much paper in a paper model) maybe it's woth to to be shown as well...
We have a few "paper" editions of Leo - as far as I know all issued by GPM - Leo1 in 1;25 scale, Leo2 in 1:25 and 1:16. The last one has the interior. That means we have no "polish" edition of Leo2 with interior in 1:25 scale. I noticed that's it's very bad (all my other static models are in 1:25) so in January I have decided to re-make the 1:25 version and include some internal details. I wanted to have all bells and whistles - engine, working suspension and detailed tracks. Let's say that right now this project is 70% complete.

The firs step (to check if I am able to handle the task) was to re-design and build the turret. Originally it did not even have the moving gun mantlet, not to mention the interior compartiment or opening hatches. Below some photos showing the WIP and result.

My intention is to finally paint it as a polish tank from Swietoszow. I didn't decided yet which number exactly but if I spend another two months on this model I'll have the chance to choose it myself (I'll visit Swietoszow armored cavalery unit in August ).

To be continued...
Attached Thumbnails
Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-1_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-2_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-3_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-4_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-do-_resize.jpg  

Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-6_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-7_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-8_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-9_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-10_resize.jpg  

Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-11_resize.jpg   Leopard 2A4 - the hardcore approach-12_resize.jpg