View Single Post

Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Modular 3d Hex Terrain (Hills)

I honestly cannot say how/why the pique to design strikes me, although this one was clearly influenced by my discovery of the rerelease of the FASA Battletech rules, and the pending Mechwarrior MMO.

As the title states: Modular Hexagonal 3D hills. Obviously this is designed with Mechwarrior in mind, although anything using hexes could benefit. Each terrain elevation is designed to match the horizontal scale (1:1000), so each level is about 10 meters high to scale (1 cm). I designed ramps to ease transitions and more clearly define 'cliffs' vs graduating hills. As of yet they are untextured; they are hot off the press, I literally finished design about 3 hours ago and build in the last 1/2 hour.

Please ignore the badly painted Heavy Gear mech...

Not certain how far I might go with this. I have some ideas in my head for modular Hex boards which will allow for reduction terrain, but I am fickle... at best.

I don't intend to 'market' these. Once I'm satisfied with a set, they will be released free (here or on my site).

Enjoy!
Tirick