View Single Post

Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
Grumman A-6 (?) Intruder GPM

Hey all, first of all, I was looking over some of my old posts, and I was horrified how demanding and childish I seemed. I must apologize for those whom I might have offended, even though it was a couple of years ago. With that being said, lets return to the object of my posting. I just finished my Hobby Model Jaguar, being on my summer break from college. That turned out really well, and I was encouraged to give the A-6 a shot. This will be a very quick build, as I head back to college in about 2 weeks. Anyway to the build. First and foremost, I don't think I have seen a completed GPM A-6. I have seen two or three build threads, but they have all seemed to gotten cut off mid-build. I'm really hoping to complete this, and before I leave would be amazing. Working on posting pictures, I currently have the cockpit mostly done, with one seat, rudder pedals, and the instrument panel hood/HUD to finish up. GPM has this listed as a Lvl. 3 model, but, honestly, it doesn'tI seem all that hard. Formers are minimal, and though the wing-fold mechanism could prove to be a b***h to build, it can be built without. A little background for me.. I've been modeling for probably 4 years now, starting out with Fiddlers Green (Love em!), and then finishing the GPM F/A-18 last summer just before I left for college. I fell in love with the Halinski F6F-3 model, but got bogged down building it, and its sitting in my parts bin now, along with a MM Fokker EIV, and as of today a MM ME-410, due to some ill fitting parts and canopy. Just finished the HM Jag, and am waiting for the canopy to come. I don't usually bring models with me to college, so winter and summer breaks are usually the only time I am able to build. Photos coming soon...