View Single Post

Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdaviesclay View Post
Paul - thanks for sharing this beautiful model. I like your base. I have an "unmade" model kit of Karlstein published by Betexa in 2008. I am not sure that is the same model as yours as I see on the cover photo a few slight differences and you stated that you made your ten years ago. We had hoped to visit this castle on our visit to Prague last year but just didn't have time.

I am looking forward to building this model sometime in the future but have about 45 models yet to make of places that we have already visited with more coming up when to go to Southern France later this year. I am presently working on Carcassonne which is really a BIG model. If you haven't looked, please check out my web page - www.cathedralquest.com and click on church models.
Hello Thomas - thanks very much! Your cathedral models are beautiful! I have the same model of Notre Dame - but mine is a long way from complete! I also own that Cologne Cathedral model but have never started it.

Interestingly, my late uncle, Earl Brill, was also an Episcopal priest who served in the late 70s as a Canon at the National Cathedral. Perhaps you may have met him, at one time? I have fond memories of visiting him and my aunt and cousins when I was in Jr High School and they were living on the Cathedral grounds. Looking up at night and seeing the illuminated Cathedral at close range was truly awe-inspiring.

Paul Helfrich