View Single Post

Old 06-16-2012, 05:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Vintage glider INKA

Here's a real rare & vintage one: "Vintage sailplane INKA" - scroll down, until you get to it.

Sailplanes available?-scan0006.jpg

This is a very simple paper model by Mitja Sersen Erman of a Slovenian v intage glider from 1937-38, a much simplied version of the Grunau Baby.

The glider was used for slope-soaring in the Bloke mountain area of Slovenia up to the outbreak of WWII. The starting method was the common one of the era, several club members tensioning two strands of thick bungee cords, while others held the glider back until no more tension could be achieved, and then let go while those stretching the cords continued to run. The glider was hauled back to its starting point by attaching a couple of barrow wheels to the landing skid.

The scale of the downloaded model seems to be close to 1/10 as far as I can ascertain. I have been playing with this generous free download as an exercise in texturizing a model which is supposed to model a wooden framework aircraft, covered with fabric.

Here's an example of what the reworked model looks like in 1/16 scale (although the scale is off in this illustration):

Sailplanes available?-page-1.jpg

And here's an example of what the texturizing job looks like:

Sailplanes available?-stab-fin-details.jpg

Almost done with the job I let it slip. But this reminder hopefully should make me finish the job. It will be a free download, with Mitja's kind permission.

Leif

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 06-16-2012 at 06:34 AM.