View Single Post

Old 06-16-2012, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
The Inka II model recoloured, textured and in three scales

Based on the data for the original, Mitja Sersen Erman's original model was enlarged by 155 percent to get to 1/16 scale. It was then recoloured, textured with wood textures, plus a few smaller details like the pilot's seat and wing struts redesigned for an even nicer look.

Here are a few sample pages from the new 1/16 scale kit:

(Above:) This is page 1, which serves as introduction and instructions. If you have downloaded Mitja Sersen Erman's original, and studied it, you will notice that the main design difference is in the cockpit area, with what I believe is a more true-to-scale pilot's seat.

(Above:) This is page 2, with the main fuselage parts. Rather prettily textured, don't you think?

(Above:) Page 3 contains a lot of small parts. Mitja Sersen Erman kindly advised me on the order of the Slovenian colors in the banner on the fin.

(Above:) Here's one wing. There's one similar page with the opposite wing, and then a final page with some struts and internal spars.

The kit is formatted for a paper size of 42 x 21,6 cm, which is A3 length cut down to the maximum width of an ordinary A4-Letter inkjet writer. If you have an A3 printer, no problems, you will just get a bit of surplus paper. If you have an ordinary inkjet printer, cut your own sheets from A3.

Use a paper weight of ca 200g/sqm. That usually means a thickness of ca 0.25 mm.

I have changed the design of the cockpit interior quite a bit from the original design, to allow for textured insides, and a true-to-scale seat.

The Inka glider is very attractive from a modeling point of view, since the interior of the cockpit is more visible than in the Grunau Baby, on which the original glider was based.

For those who do not like the idea of large models, or strange paper sizes, I have rescaled the original 1/16 scale version into one 1/25 scale (like Mitja Sersen Erman's original model), and one 1/33 scale version. Both of these print on "universal" paper size, 210 x 279 mm, which is A4 width and US Letter height. Thus you can use both paper sizes.

These three versions will be found in the downloads section for civilian aircraft as soon as they clear admin scrutiny (probably during Sunday 17 June 2012). Here are the links:

Inka 1/16 scale - the original recolored and textured version.

Inka 1/25scale - 6 pages normal paper size.

Inka 1/33 scale - 3 pages normal paper size.

I would of course love for someone to take on one or several of these versions and post their experience. If any major problem is encountered, I will try to come up with a solution and amend these models.

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Inka II Slovenian 1937-38 vintage glider-page-1.jpg   Inka II Slovenian 1937-38 vintage glider-page-2.jpg   Inka II Slovenian 1937-38 vintage glider-page-3.jpg   Inka II Slovenian 1937-38 vintage glider-page-4.jpg  

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 06-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.