View Single Post

Old 06-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhelfrich View Post
Hello Thomas - thanks very much! Your cathedral models are beautiful! I have the same model of Notre Dame - but mine is a long way from complete! I also own that Cologne Cathedral model but have never started it.

Interestingly, my late uncle, Earl Brill, was also an Episcopal priest who served in the late 70s as a Canon at the National Cathedral. Perhaps you may have met him, at one time? I have fond memories of visiting him and my aunt and cousins when I was in Jr High School and they were living on the Cathedral grounds. Looking up at night and seeing the illuminated Cathedral at close range was truly awe-inspiring.

Paul Helfrich
Paul,
I moved to Front Royal, Va in 78 and was 60 miles from the National Cathedral. I have attended many events at the Washington Cathedral since that time in addition to being a docent for 5 years. I may have run into your uncle. I do recognize his name. It is a wonderful experience looking up at the cathedral at night only now there is a lot of scaffolding around the central tower due to millions of dollars in damage cause by the earthquake last year.