View Single Post

Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
When you are done. I would like to have that Sovereign class. Enterprise E if it will be alright with you.

The PDF File so I could build it that is
A note on the Sov and essentially all of the other models I've made and that are in process. I had a friend tell me that some of the folks here thought I was a poser....????
I find that absolutely stunning since I've been showing my own work for since 2000. I've shown my own artwork, my own modeling skills and within the last year, or two, I've shown my own CG, Card model, Brass Etch, Electronics, and so on. I will continue to show my work on any forum that will have me. When it comes to CG and texturing etc, I'm self taught, so there are things that I don't know, but I always play to my strengths and work on those things that I'm weak on and attempt to develope thos skills. I've said before that just because some clown is a no talent hack and can't figure out how to do something that doesn't mean that no one else can do it. Unfortunately, there are some no talent hacks that have positions with administrative power within the community, because they are bootlickers and sychophants and for no other reason. I'm using the Sov to show some proof of who did what on this and I'll tell you exactly what I did to get this model where it's at.

1) I researched and looked for the best looking low poly model to convert to a card model.

2) I converted the found model to a usable format.

3) I converted the textures to a format that was friendly to Meta and Pep.

4) I retextured the model with the existing textures and, or textured the model with different textures using the original UV map.

5) I imported the model into Met, made the neccesary changes then imported into Pep, justified the positing of the model and unwrapped.

6) After unwrapping the model, I sized it to suit Me.

7) I organized the unfold into what I percieved as a logical assembly method.

8) Finally I exported the file in a usable format and cardstock size.

If you look at the photos below, you can see the original model as viewed in NifSkope, the same model in Lightwave 9.6 and again in Bryce 7.0. Additionally, you can see the textures from Foundation imaging. These are the textures that I'm currently modifing to wrap around the card model. You can also see the enemy ship that is in production.

I would hope that some folks here that are on other forums would take these pictures and show them to the real posers, you know the ones that talk a good game, but that have no talent for anything other than stirring up crap for others.

I just had a friend that got run off of another forum, due to these clowns and I think it's sickening that the idiots, more often than not are running the freakin asylum.

Anyway, tell me what you think and keep on Trekkin! -/\-

Note: There are more photos to show, but due to the restrictions of this site, I will have to reduce the size and modify the format.
Attached Thumbnails
TNG era Card Models.-sov-1.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-2.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-3.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-4.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-5.jpg  

TNG era Card Models.-sov-8.jpg