View Single Post

Old 06-25-2012, 02:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico63 View Post
Grrrrande Filippo!!!

But the internal structure is always realized with the modeling 3D program?
About this i begin to understand something of blender..slowly learn to use it!
Ciao Enrico! Grazie
yes, it's all 3D.
good to hear of your progress go ahead don't give up: once you've understood the bases, the path is easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willja67 View Post
I always liked the A-wing. Good to see a model of it. Your framework (what you called scaffolding) is pretty impressive, definitely won't have any structural issues. But I think it could have been simplified somewhat. Also I beleive that when you referred to the "ailerons" you meant rudders. If I had any suggestion it might be that you incorporate the rudders into the engine framework that way they would be a little sturdier, but then again I don't know how you plan on skinning it, so it might not be a problem.

Overall it looks awesome so far.
Hi Willja
thank you for your interest and your comments. yes, sorry but sometimes I have to use a vocabulary, so maybe I fail in choosing the proper term: not scaffold but framework (can I say frame too?) and not ailerons but rudders thank you! anyway, you're right and the frame isn't so light, but that's my intention: a sturdy model. sorry guys, I'd love to be a designer as good as halinski or model kartonowy ones, so I know this model won't be flawless... but I'm putting in it all my (little) experience. about rudders, Willja, you're right and I'm pleased with it because that's just what I did, so that means I got a good idea rudders are "rooted" in the engine framework, I'll post a pic soon.
oh, another consideration about framework complexity is that I wanted the hull to be curved as the "real" one, meaning curved on two axis: to obtain this effect I cannot simply explode the hull in just one piece, but I need to make it in "slices" which, once glued together, give the curved effect. that solution needs a stronger framework underneath.
to be honest, apart from "scale issues", there's an error in my model due to lack of reference of movie props, but this time this incongruity is not such a problem, simplifying our work
speaking of simplifications, I had to make some minor changes in order to have a cleaner model, in terms of panel linings and other small details; the biggest change is the cockpit, where I had to recreate a new seat for more room, trying not to lose the original design.