View Single Post

Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Ok, downloaded the demo files. Received a reply to my questions already (On a weekend?). The reply was very detailed. It included some links to the site to compare Sheet Ligthning v6 to Pro v6, as well as sample output file for pasting into a paint program. Sounds like any vector paint program that can open DXF files will work!

My testing last night was incredibly easy. At first it was hard to do anything, hardly any tools that I'm used to seeing. Then I checked out the libraries.

Selected a cone from the library, typed in some new values, top diameter, bottom dia., and length. You need to hit the enter key after each input change, the shape changes imediately to the new value. Unfolding was even easier..Output looks like it is to the default printer sheet size setting you have preset in windows.

The Mesh manual is 23 pages, haven't tried it yet, but plan to import some 3D drawings and see what happens. Reading about the Mesh unfolder says it was designed to unfold complex ship designs. I have never tried any unfolding programs, so as a complete novice my testing will be from that perspective.

Here is a link to some tutorials that was provided by Trevor in his reply to my questions. Tutorials

These programs look very interesting. Way cheaper than any of the other programs I viewed yesterday in my search for an unfolding program for AutoCAD 3d renders.

Size of the demo programs is 8mb for the Sheet Lightning Pro v6, and under 5mb for the Mesh unfolder. The Sheet Lightning Pro v6 unfolds without the use of Mesh.

The best part of his reply? He said, "Feedback is really welcome so we can make it meet your needs.".

Mike