View Single Post

Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
USS Cimarron Civil War gunboat

While waiting to see if the itty bitty boat howitzers for the Clyde can be built as is or not, I decided to double down on the little guns and made a model of the Cimarron. This 205 foot double ender had six of those little guns, plus two large guns. I am also going with the fully rigged sails as well, something I have not tried yet. I like this ship, and I think, other then the little guns, it should be a pretty simple build. I have to add the rigging still, and a little more deck clutter. The ship had four foot high solid bulwarks then a high railing above that to support the awnings. So a bunch of small details yet to go.

CT
Attached Thumbnails
USS Cimarron Civil War gunboat-uss-cimarron-post-1.jpg   USS Cimarron Civil War gunboat-uss-cimarron-post-2.jpg   USS Cimarron Civil War gunboat-uss-cimarron-post-3.jpg   USS Cimarron Civil War gunboat-uss-cimarron-post-4.jpg   USS Cimarron Civil War gunboat-uss_cimarron_-1862-1865-.jpg