View Single Post

Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Matt,
Not sure what you mean by panel lines, but fold lines show up. The demo downloads are small enough to try even on my slow connection.

Basically download, and install on your computer. Once installed, the first time you start it, you have type in your email, they send you a "key" code to that email.

Start it again, type in the key code and your up and running. Go to the file icon and click new, a window opens with a some folders, select one of the top default libraries, click the New button down at the bottom, next window has two folders - inches or metric.

Choose one of these, the next window shows several options, try the adapters, a new window has several objects, select one - doesn't matter which - now the object shows up in the work area.

Tools on the upper right show an arrow (selection), cross (pan button) and rotation options. Default is the selection tool (arrow).

Slect the object with a single click anywhere on it. On the left some dimensions show up, along the top is where you type in new values to change object selected if you want. Too easy!

With the object selected go to the "action" pulldown menu, select unfold. Next window shows the object unfolded on your default printer sheet sizes. Red lines are the fold lines/outline of part, white lines are the default printer paper size sheets. You will see how it "tiles" the object onto the sheets.

The demo version will not export or print.

Adding objects for a model fuselage? Just choose, or design your own objects, "match" and then "Weld" together. You will need to know before hand the dimensions of the fuselage, diameter, length etc. Objects available are cylinders, cones, and ovals for different fuselage shapes.

Unfold and your ready for wings.

Easiest 3D I've ever tried!

On the website you will find Tutorial videos that are easy to understand. If you want to try a print job, there is a sample file that can be downloaded and printed to either a CAD program, graphics program or your inkjet printer.

My plan was to try it in the evenings this week to design an airplane, but my weekend project has run into difficulties-if I start on the design, my build will probably get set on the sidelines, it is taking up too much room in the house all spread out (1:32 scale Saturn 1B).

If panel lines, you mean graphic details, you will need to export into a different software, this program does fold lines and outlines. Basically just a design of a project!

Graphic details, paint, etc., will need to be done in another program.

I have not bought the program yet, want to try a simple airplane design first. I have not tried Mesh, the stand alone unfolder program, as of yet.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 07-24-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Edits....