View Single Post

Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
A Little Progress

Hi all,

I got the print above the other day, and it is a very high quality, big ink jet print. I also got a few other very nice limited edition prints from The Nomadic Preservation Society, which I will frame later on. The profile print of the SS Nomadic will aid me in the building process.

Yesterday evening, I laminated the two long side formers for the hull construction. I used a slightly thicker cardstock (for added longitudal strength), and I therefore had to cut slightly wider grooves for them in the standing bulkhead formers. I did a 'dry fit' and it looks quite good overall (nothing is glued in place yet):

I also roughly cut one of the access door elements, that will be recessed into the side of the hull (there are four of them), and tried it for size in one of the side openings. There are very small separate doors to cut also. This small part also fits very good:

Today, I took a photo of a couple of the numbered prints and the model that is now underway - as a comparison.
As you can see, I have found a short skewer stick, from which I will shape a tapered fore mast - it has to be quite a bit shorter, and it will be furnished with a very small end knob above the White Star Line flag (compare with the profile print above the model). It sits perfectly (without any glue) in the small cut paper groove in the mid rib former:

Ahoy!
Bengt