View Single Post

Old 08-04-2012, 11:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 101.41 MB
A Fiddlers Green/Clever Models Kitbash

I regularly visit the Clever Models site ( Clever Models Paper Models for the 21st Century - Home ) since they offer extremely realistic model kits and textures. (One of my other hobbies is narrow gauge model railroading, and I've built a couple Clever Models buildings for my module.) There's currently a number of sample models on their "Freebie" page, but I also check the "Model Gallery" and "Blog" to admire other modelers' creations. Take a look at the inspiring photos -- it's amazing what can be done with their products. And while most paper modelers are already familiar with many of the "Tips & Tricks", there's a few suggestions specific to building models which might be useful.

A recent blog post caught my attention. A gentleman in Nova Scotia kitbashed a Fiddlers Green fishing shack with Clever Models textures (wood, tarpaper, shingles, etc.) Adding Grandt Line assessories also improved the appearance. Anyone wishing to upgrade an existing paper building model with more realistic textures might glean some ideas here:

Clever Models Paper Models for the 21st Century - Blog - Kind of a kitbash from WestonRodenizer

David T. Okamura