Thread: Lighting Tip
View Single Post

Old 08-09-2012, 11:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Lighting Tip

My eyes aren't getting any younger. Cut lines and scoring lines are getting harder to focus, they look kind of gray and fuzzy at times.

Used to use two Sun Light Lamps that were 27 Watt Flourescents. Thought they were great, plenty of light on the work area.

Then one of them burned out and I couldn't find a replacement bulb.

Bought a flourescent type with a 11 watt bulb and it had a 4x round magnifying lens in the center, the bulb was a circle. It burned out after 4-months of use. The magnifying lens was hard to look through and do continuous cutting or scoring. Once again couldn't find a speciality bulb for replacement.

Was looking at what the local Wally World box store had and found a $22 LED desktop light that uses 6 watts to produce the equivalent of a Sunlight 60 watts. Same equivalent for the 27 watt flourescent of 60 watts.

What a difference the LED made. Took a couple of photos using a tripod. The only difference is the lighting used. The power cord to my laptop was positioned above a blank white paper. The cord and its shadow tell the story......

Photo 1 is the 27 Watt flourescent-note that everything is out of focus.
Lighting Tip-flourescent-sunlight-lamp-27watts.jpg
The camera had trouble focussing on anything!

Photo 2 is the new LED 6 watt. Check out the shadow of the cord!
Lighting Tip-led-sunlight-6watts.jpg

I can see the lines again for cutting, scoring. All this time I thought it was my eyes getting worse.

Probably has to do with how flourescent lights work. Excited gas that has pulses of electricity to excite the gas.

Going to buy another LED next pay day!

Mike