View Single Post

Old 08-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think what I'm understanding from your question is how do the gaps look between whole tiles? The fifth photo shows the largest gaps that occur in adjacent tiles. If you removed the connectors (which aren't visible in the photos) you could bunch them together to close the gap. However, if someone strikes them (as they would be free-floating tiles) you might destroy/marr the game area. I could correct for the gap by making the lids a bit larger, but I think due to inaccuracies in cutting and folding the gap would be difficult to close perfectly.

I didn't mention it in my prior post but everything in the photos has been constructed without glue. It's pure cutting, folding, and assembly. Obviously using glue and a base would make everything more sturdy, but I figure it would make travel/transport a real hassle. Therefore, I designed everything with the idea that it can be flattened down into its original sheet form should the need arise. It also allows people who play together to generate fields on the spot (using scenario maps and such) as opposed to having to bring them pre-built.

As far as the dimensions, I think that Heroscape's interior portion (the decorative portion of the tile) is 1.25", but the outlying border is 1.5", and when it comes to cutting at such a small scale, I find every little mm added is much in your favor. The pieces are 1/2" tall so also 1/3 the width in terms of rise, but when stacked they allow you to produce 1/4" which look more like regular steps as compared to the figurines.