View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
Mike-

Any updates/progress on this?
Yes and no! Tried to use the unfolder on several 3D drawings I created in AutoCAD. The 3d drawings, different mechanical fittings, bearings, parts. They are complicated and the unfolder would not do anything with them. One of the emails I recieved in back and forth replies mentioned having to "relieve" the stress (not exact wording). By this I think it meant to use less faces for the drawing.

I do see where it is possible to draw airfoild shapes and almost any fuselage/flying surfaces for airplanes and rockets using the REVCAD. I haven't had time to try any yet. Right now I don't have the money to purchase and any time spent designing/learning takes time away from currrent projects (can't print output). Currently working on redrawing several rockets, and just don't have the time to spend on something that I can't use.

My project list:
-Get started testing a deployment parachute system for large Air Powered rockets.
-Finalize 1:32 scale Saturn V (10.43 ft tall) -stage at now = small 1:111 scale (3ft tall) has been printed and last night started to build for part fit. Ran into problem with lower cones that protect the F1 engines-redrew and think rest of model should be easy to complete.
-Redraw Mercury Atlas (Friendship 7) to 1:12 scale (been testing shiny cardstock for fuselage-check out metalic cardstock thread)
-Redraw Gemini Titan to 1:12 scale
-Create flying Dyna Soar that releases at Apogee (1:12 scale)
-Rebuild 1:32 Saturn 1B for flight tests (redrawn-just need to build new version)
-Downsize all 1:12 scale to 1:32 for a complete set. (Mercury Redstone through Saturn V-all at 1:32 scale).

Take break-learn new ways of doing things= Draw Shuttle using RevCad. Figure it would be the perfect project to learn with. By then I should have saved enough to buy the full version which will allow printing of completed projects.

Sorry, for the ramble-thought it best to kind of explain my schedule-don't know how long all of this will take.....Lots of testing, redrawing is needed.

BTW-When Ken gets done with his Apollo capsule, will change this project lists fast!!!! Plan on being very flexible once he releases it! Longer he takes, hopefully the more I'll get done before dropping everything....

Mike