Thread: Tank Tracks
View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
les

I have attached my "Decoder Ring". Most model designers are using the same basic symbols this set is from the Helinski Sherman Vc Firefly and is the most extensive one I have seen.

A lot of us make up our own card stock by using various layers of 67Lb card stock 1 sheet is 2.0 to 2.2 mm, 2 sheets is .5 mm and 4 sheets are 1 mm. The glue adds about .2mm per layer use 3M77 spray contact cement to glue up the stock.

Track links vary from one publisher to another simple models have the links as a strip of card stock with little detail. Chris (who is the master of understatement) is building the Halinski T-34/76 which has the most difficult links I have ever built. As I remember each link has 25 or more parts and most are very tiny. You should consider buying laser cut track links. They will save you a lot of time and effort. I have a web address for a gentleman who makes very nice laser cut track links and he has 5 or 6 versions of the links used on the T34. Let me know if you want the address and I'll post ie.

Jim Nunn
Attached Thumbnails
Tank Tracks-decoder-ring.jpg