View Single Post

Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
757rol, I'll give my bit here too.

For downloaded models, I've tried a lot of paper over the last couple of years. As Ashrunner did, I had to get the feel for them. I'm really not too sure on the pound weight or grams/sq metre stuff and I've found I really don't care too much - more art than engineering in this craft it seems.

It's the feel. I suggest you get some regular old bristol, a variety of so called letter weights in various grades of bright, a bit of card stock and some photo papers.

Then, build some of the free downloads with them. I started with bristol and prefer that for some things still. One build I did with bulk card stock, really probably would have turned out better in regular old typing paper. It was a figure build Akari - Zealot Hobby Forum - one of these days I'll do another figure...

Oh, and one advantage of bristol artist pads is that depending on where you live you can cut them to A4 or 8.5" x 11". I just wish I had a $99 printer that could do A3!! Then I'd be blowing up Digital Navy's Takao to 1:200 for my next build...