View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Long term update!

I've been running this ink for just about a year now so I thought I would update the review and tell you how it has been working out.

I haven't been as busy with the paper models as I was, but other demands have caused me to still print a fair amount. At this point I just did refill #6, and when one cartridge demands to be filled I just pull them all and top 'em off. Right now the bottle for the most used color (Magenta) is just over half full so I am confident of getting at least 12 full refills on my Magenta cartridge as well as the Cyan which I use at a similar rate.

The "window test" of colorfastness for these inks as compared to Canon factory seems to be just about identical. Yellow seems to fade just a hair faster with long exposure to direct summer sunlight than the Canon factory ink.

One item of note is the smell. These inks have a particular, slightly "fingernail polish remover" smell when you are refilling or printing. It goes away very fast as the prints dry but as I am extremely chemical sensitive I do dislike that brief odor.

On the whole I'm still as pleased a year later as I was in the original review.