View Single Post

Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Recoil Anchor Escapement

I built the clock escapement offered at
GlueČ chronicle
Paper Clock Project - Recoil Anchor Escapement.

It cost $3.99 US. The parts are a password protected pdf with 13 pages, A4 size. The password is sent in a text file as part of the zip of the model. The instructions are 8 pages in pdf format that you can download from the site for free and check things out.

I don't have any pictures of the build. Basically the videos on the site and the photos in the instructions are exactly what you see when you build it.

One thing on Step 4 where it says "Glue tooth of A-12 and A-16 in order of a diagonal" what it means is not to glue teeth in order side by side, but to glue one tooth, then go to the opposite side and glue another tooth, alternating side to side, like when you tighten the nuts on a pipe flange or pump casing. That way you ensure proper alignment.

The ratchet assembly for winding the escapement is great. It uses pleated paper "springs".

The model is well engineered and goes together easily. The gear making method is well thought out and a cinch to do.

I bought the Trevithick's Steam Locomotive model too but haven't built it yet, and will probably get the clock model eventually.