View Single Post

Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Time for an update on the V12 design, there has been some delays due to PC HDD crash and so on but here goes:

- Bell housing is done with a hand crank for setting the timing
- The flywheel ring gear is now complete as well as the motor that will power the rotation of the engine.
- I have now completed the the electronic controller for the motor so that it can power the motor with the following features:
- The use of AC and DC can now be used to power it with any DC type of connection, meaning that if you power it up and the + and - are not in the correct order it will not matter, and it AC power can also be used, in both cases the input supply voltage does need to be 17VDC or 17VAC
- The is an over load protection circuit in place so that if the motor starts drawing high current it will stop it from blowing up and setting the model alight, legal thing. The current limit is set to 1 Amp
- The circuit is adjustable to work up to 12V dc should the motor that I designed the model around is not obtainable in ones area and 12 motors of a different size available it can be used.
- there is LED's setup as to simulate the spark plugs firing.
- At the moment I am busy working the all of the micro switch's into the engine.

I will post a screen shot or three when all the timing work is complete.

R