View Single Post

Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Here's my reference for the Ares. It's an official NASA site, with the latest update to the rocket design. That's what I incorporated into my design. The version your thinking of is closer to the Ares I-X, the test version, which is my next model.

Safe, Simple and Soon

I'm not sure quite what to do about the Orion. There are so many Orion models already out there, but I'd like to have one for the model. Any ideas?

By the way, your doing an absolutely fantastic job, it looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee4752 View Post
It may me the 67 lb paper I used, but the stripes that go around the lower SRB are about 1/16 inch too short. It's not very noticeable once the instrumentation duct is in place. Well, that's what a beta build is for. Finding opportunities for improvement, that is. Over all, I have to say this is a very well designed model. I think I'll have to invest in one of Shrike's Rolly Sticks after this build. A narrow diameter 8 inch long rod would have been just the thing for helping to join the edges of the cylinders.
Thanks for that, and thank you for the compliment. I just have to mention that it's #5 on the bestsellers list on ecardmodels.com :D I made some changes to the framing so the production version will be easier to assemble.

[email protected]

Last edited by APA-168; 01-23-2009 at 07:55 PM.