View Single Post

Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco View Post
Wow, that looks like a painstaking technique, that's a lot of panels to photograph and process. But the result should be some super-realistic textures. I'm eager to see how this promising project turns out!
Boy, did you hit the nail on the head. Stop and think a minute. You see less than one half of the tank from one spot.Then the bottom panels are cut off due to fencing and to hide the plant. If you go in, then you are so close that you see only a few panels at a time, and they are distorted. I drove to five different tank areas and still did not get enough panels for the big tank (428000 gallons!).

So you will see some repeats in the tank, but not very many. Also, the repeats were disguised using different techniques and really do not show up. On the top, I didnot climb a tank to try and be realistic there. I cheerfully used only a few modified panels. Check out the detail, yes those are all bolts.

When you build the tank, make sure you place it facing east or west, I built the side wall with the sun glare on one side and going to shade on the back face.

Main parts are designed, start a test build next session.

fishBait
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Galvanized Community Watertank-wall.jpg   Scale Galvanized Community Watertank-pieplate.jpg   Scale Galvanized Community Watertank-topdetail.jpg  
Schauen mit den Augen nicht die Hände!