View Single Post

Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi Shrike,

Thanks for the art work, that is sort of what I had figured looking at Redhorses' build of his great looking Isuzu and others. The joining strips themselves are about 1/4 inch wide, the little 1/8 inch wide one is the one I meant as a sort of "fudge" strip in case you have a shortfall in the plating. I am all antsy to get started on that part of the build, I have popped out copies of the plates and strips on card that is the same thickness as the original kit parts, way more than enough to do the job just in case I run into problems, it also saves the originals for future reference.

Looking over things on my inner hull with as critical an eye as I can, I have found a few places where the bulkhead forms don't quite reach the edges of the vertical and horizontal forms. So I am in the process of using some strips and Aleene's Tacky Glue to remedy the situation to ensure as good a finished inner hull form as I can before I add any other parts. Once the glue dies and I can sand things down smooth again it will be time to work on the strips and plating. but I am in no big hurry, I figure slow and easy does it. While stuff is drying I can work on the deck plates and get them ready to slap on.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV