View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Modeler View Post
$9,550 US Dollars? Holy crap!!!
the build it yourself version is a lot cheaper, but I have not built it and when I looked at it and trying to get all the parts to it, it was not for sale where I live and whe I enquired in the USA for the parts I never got a reply, and also the model was setup in Letter paper size and convert that to A4 was to much of a issue and also the engine also did not look right and I have from there cancelled the idea and left it to rot away on a backup drive.

This version that I have designed from scratch will be released in A4 and Letter size paper, the only thing that has come out of Yee's model is the idea of doing a V12 cut away engine, the rest of the engine is 100% is my work and design, the mechcanics of the Yee's model has everything inclosed by the fan to just to move the pistons up and down.
This V12 engine is going to be powered up from the starter motor location and motion is done by gears and cams, I have also set the design up in a way that sould the electric motor that I am using for this model is not for sale where you are, you can use a smilier motor with a few mod's around the starter motor area of the engine and the electronics will also allow your use motors that can run on 12V as well.
Yee's model is not that flexible in that respect.
The cyclinder head on Yee's model looks completely wrong it is to short and the bell housing is also wrong.
Yee has done an excellent job of making his engine move in a very arty way but not true to form of a engine.

R